Disaster Response and Recovery
Business Continuity and Disaster Response and Recovery is the development of processes, policies, and procedures that prepare for and react to significant and unplanned operational disruptions. The Disaster Response and Recovery course textbook prepares students to successfully manage Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery missions. Facing daily risks to long-term success from a wide range of threats — cyber-attacks, human error, technical failures, and natural disasters — businesses must create practical plans to sustain their vital operations, security posture, industry reputation, and brand.
Using 14 detailed chapters designed to align with academic calendars, students will cover critical topics such as BCP Design, Risk Management Frameworks, Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis, Asset Inventories and Resource Profiles, Recovery Site Workflows, Cloud Computing Agreements, Cloud Security, and Legal Requirements of Cloud Storage Solutions. Immersive learning labs include Business Impact Analysis case studies and Risk Assessment exercises.
Paperback: 286 Pages
Training institutions that adopt the Disaster Response and Recovery textbook for use in their course curricula may request corresponding instructor resources at no additional cost. These resources include lecture presentation slides, question text banks for each of the 14 chapters, and lab resource guides. For more information please contact Phase2 Advantage.
All Phase2 Advantage digital course materials – including textbooks, lab guides, and lecture slides in PDF and PPT formats – are ADA accessible and score 100% on major Learning Management Systems such as Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, and LearnUpon. For more information please contact Phase2 Advantage or visit our Higher Education page in this website.
Course Learning Objectives
- CLO #01: Recognize the key components of business continuity and disaster response planning, map planning strategies to organizational objectives, describe appropriate authority documents, list challenges to the desired state of security, and describe the evolution of sustainable policies.
- CLO #02: Explain the role and importance of a business impact analysis, tangible and intangible costs, data collection methods, BIA program management, key personnel considerations, exception and assumption workflows, and presenting BIA data results to organizational leadership.
- CLO #03: Perform quantitative and qualitive analysis labs to calculate single and annual loss expectancy, estimate severity and likelihood probabilities, examine asset value considerations, and use sources of respected statistics to create SLE, ALE, and ARO models for the organization.
- CLO #04: Compare disaster recovery options, describe recovery site management and workflows, and discuss the roles and importance of work area considerations, key personnel selection, validating successful recoveries, and digital communication systems and methodologies.
- CLO #05: Organize a risk management program strategy focusing on key components such as risk management frameworks, asset inventories and resource profiles, analysis methodologies, vulnerability assessment, cost estimate challenges, and third-party service providers.
- CLO #06: Evaluate cloud computing service models, architecture and security considerations, risks and threats posed to cloud services, regulatory and compliance requirements, cloud provider and customer responsibilities, and the structure of contracts and service level agreements.
Phase2 Advantage has partnered with VitalSource’s digital content publishing platform to offer cybersecurity training and credentialing capabilities to students around the globe. VitalSource, a subsidiary of the Ingram Content Group (Ingram Publishing), provides digital academic resources to over 7,000 academic institutions around the globe in support of their academic degree and professional development programs.
Listed below are the textbooks currently available on the VitalSource platform; additional titles will be added throughout the year. If your institution utilizes the VitalSource platform, access your VitalSource Management Portal to add Phase2 Advantage cyber security course Exam Prep Guides to your Library. Sampling has been enabled for all eligible faculty and staff.
Contact Us to Learn More
To find out more about bookstore orders or our full range of instructor resources, contact us today via the phone number or email address listed below.