There are many well-established firearm manufacturers that produce products of superior quality. We’ve sampled most of them. When the Physical Security Team at Phase2 Advantage in Savannah, Georgia had to select a firearm for the team, we chose the HK VP9 as our handgun of choice.
We knew our security personnel would be carrying this weapon concealed – our Executive Protection mission and time in corporate environments make concealment a requirement – so the factors which drove this decision were based on this need.
The HK VP9 won the contest based on the 5 benefits presented in the video. These included:
1. A thin profile for a double stack – only 1.32” wide – leaves a low imprint on corporate attire.
2. Weight: the heaviness of solid construction reduces felt recoil considerably.
3. The safety trigger is smooth and manageable (4.5-5.5 pounds).
4. Easy disassembly: breakdown in seconds for cleaning with no special tools or effort
5. Multiple magazine choices: 10-17-20. We use the 17+1 with two back-ups.
NOTE TO VIEWERS: Phase2 Advantage is NOT an agent of HK, nor do we have any vested or financial interest in Heckler & Koch. All opinions expressed in this video are solely those of Michael I. Kaplan, the founder of the company.
Click the graphic below to see this week’s video blog article.
Phase2 Advantage is a Cyber and Physical Security consulting and training company based in Savannah, Georgia (USA). For more information on firearm training classes or to speak with one of our instructors, please contact Phase2 Advantage via the information provided below.